The HR Consultant will have responsibility for the Human Resources partnership role supporting business units at the Louisiana Integrated Polyethylene Joint Venture site. This position will support all levels of personnel, focusing on various Human Resources areas, such as: employee retention, talent acquisition, performance management, succession planning, onboarding programs, and general HR polices and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides one point of contact for HR support to assist in the achievement of clients’ business goals and objectives, while providing strategic partnership/advisement with internal client leadership at all levels
- Develops employee retention initiatives in partnership with client groups; evaluates retention drivers and turnover statistics; works with management team to develop retention plans and oversees execution of those plans
- Acts as a trusted advisor to management, ensuring the establishment of sound management practices that are aligned with HR policies, procedures and practices
- Influences consistent decision making processes across the lines of business
- Proactively identifies business and HR objectives/expectations that will benefit client leaders; manages to completion
- Leads the improvement of quality and delivery of HR processes and data requests with zero defects
- Partners with leaders in the development and implementation of organizational structure changes, including identifying impact and assisting in the communication as needed
- Provides counsel to client leaders in order to proactively anticipate and address complex HR issues impacting the business
- Coordinates and leads talent management discussions with assigned business leaders
- Partners with the business unit to identify opportunities for staff development and assists managers on creating development plans
- Partners with the business unit and Talent Acquisition to obtain skilled talent through participating in interviews and building compensation offers
- Supports clients through annual merit cycle, performance management processes, succession planning, etc.
- Participates in project teams in client organization, providing guidance and support as appropriate
- Partners with management in successfully resolving employee relations concerns
- Conducts investigations and partners with management to determine appropriate outcomes
- Provides HR-related training to client groups as needed
- Engages with Medical to ensure compliance with FMLA, LyondellBasell leave of absence policies, Drug and Alcohol program, pre-placement processes, and etc.
- Collaborates in drafting site-specific guidelines to support business initiatives
- Maintains knowledge of LyondellBasell HR policies, procedures, site guidelines, benefits, and payroll rules to address employee questions and ensure accurate interpretation/understanding
- Maintains positive employee relations with client groups thorough frequent interaction, in-person visits, and proactive communication
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
- Professional HR Certification preferred (HRCI or SHRM)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist or other applicable HR professional
- Must have solid HR fundamental and broad-based experience in HR, including employee relations and knowledge/understanding of EEO laws, Affirmative Action, and conflict resolution
- Preferred experience in the chemical and/or oil and gas industry
- Proficiency working independently in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Microsoft Teams experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work with all levels of employees from front line employees to senior management
- Ability to drive change; challenge the status quo; and take specific actions to facilitate change
- Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem-solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
- Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential — and responsibility — to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lyondellbasell.com.