Website Premier Medical Group
All Employees of Premier Medical Group are required to demonstrate our core values of Integrity, Respect and Compassion throughout their employment with us, placing patients first. Our employees must commit to always acknowledging our patients positively; showing genuine concern for their needs, identifying themselves and how they and others on the team can help, keeping patients informed and offering thanks for choosing and trusting us with their healthcare
Job Purpose: The HR Generalist position is responsible for performing administrative functions related to benefits administration, recruiting, new hire process to include orientation and onboarding, tracking and monitoring reward and recognition activities. Maintains paper and electronic personnel information and other employee documentation.
Essential Functions (Examples of duties):
1. Enters data into Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
2. Assists with screening applicants, obtaining references, background checks, and drug screens. Assists with making employment offers, obtaining I-9 documents, and completing EEO reports.
3. Monitors and ensure timely renewals of clinical certification and licenses. Sends delinquent reports to respective managers and follows up to ensure compliance.
4. Prepares Human Resource reports related to turnover, retention, tracks completion of 30 and 60 day manager interviews with new staff along with 90 day and annual performance reviews. Sends delinquent notices and other reports as assigned.
5. Tracks and verifies completion of skills development ladders and other training requirements.
6. Assists with organization of information for Employee Engagement Survey. Follows up
on related reports and metrics.
7. Participates in Employer of Choice, Recognition and Reward, Sunshine committee, annual picnic and other employee engagement activities. May lead committees.
8. Ensures IT is informed of terminations so access from all systems can be removed.
9. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in clear and concise manner with correct information for smooth, efficient operations.
10. Assists other staff as requested.
11. Attends meetings as assigned and reports on actions.
12. Participates in educational activities and programs.
13. Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollment in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
14. Assists with new-hire orientations, presents benefit information and serves as a backup to the HRD.
15. Performs quality checks of benefits-related data
16. Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
17. Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
18. Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
19. Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
20. Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
21. Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
22. Coordinates with the open enrollment process.
23. Provides necessary reports and/or audits for allocation/billing charges.
24. Takes incident reports of employee injuries and completes OSHA 300 reports.
25. Reports Workers Compensation claims and follow-ups with Carrier as needed. Educates employees and managers on process.
26. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Position requires basic knowledge of employment laws and required documentation. Must have strong computer skills with ability to work successfully in HRIS. Incumbent must be able to take initiative with human resource functions and tasks. Communication with the Director of Human Resources is essential to ensure smooth efficient operations. Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive and trusting relationships with staff at all levels is vital to the success of this
role. Ability to assist and direct managers on issues related to employment and onboarding activities. Ability to analyze problems and formulate plans, solutions and a course of action given changing circumstances. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Position requires ability to maintain strict confidence in employee and practice issues. Handles sensitive and confidential employee information in a professional manner. Ability to plan and coordinate multiple administrative projects. It is imperative the incumbent in this position functions as a role model and presents a friendly welcoming face to all staff, applicants and new hires.
Job Requirements/Qualifications: (Describe minimum qualifications, preferred or required)
Education: Associates degree in a related discipline required, Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years in a human resources role required. Healthcare human resources experience is highly desirable. Basic understanding of employment laws required.
Certificate/License: Not required but PHR would be beneficial to role.
Typical Physical Demands: Must be able to sit 6-8 hours a day using a computer terminal. Occasional need to lift 25 pounds. Requires hand-eye coordination. Occasional stress during deadline periods.
Typical Working Conditions: Office setting.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomdfw.net.