Website Home Depot
Distribution Center HR Generalist
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Experience in responding to third-party litigation and unemployment claims
- Experience in administering compensation programs
- Experience in administering a company’s corrective action process
- Experience in delivering formal class room training
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Preferred Education: No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience: 2
Preferred Years of Work Experience: No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience: None
Preferred Leadership Experience: None
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Programs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, and employment laws, and regulations
- Skilled at conflict resolution
- Uses systematic approaches
Shift: Sunday-Thursday 1pm-10pm
Execute HR plans and programs to ensure most effective utilization of HR in assigned location; interpret company HR policies and procedures, laws, and regulations; may perform duties in any of the following functional areas of HR, EEO/AAP, Staffing, Compensations/Benefits, Training, Organizational Development, and Employee Relations; may perform project work as necessary.
- 30% Resolve general Associate Relations issue including conducting employee relations investigations and fact finding; administer company’s correction action process in partnership with DC HR Mgr; assist with unemployment claim information and unemployment hearings
- 10% Identify breaches of culture/values that impact the work environment; interpret and provide guidance on corporate policy
- 10% Assist in the communication and enrollment process of employee benefits programs.
- 10% Analyze HR reports, identify opportunities/trends, propose action plans
- 15% Assist line mgt. with HRIS program related training and transaction support.
- 15% Supports training initiatives and assists HRM in delivering training
- 10% Assist in the selection of leadership positions
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Typically reports to Human Resources Manager
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new addition
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Merit increases and performance bonuses
- On-the-spot recognition and rewards for a job well done
To apply for this job please visit careers.homedepot.com.