This is an outstanding career opportunity for a strategic HR professional who is experienced and passionate about partnering with business leaders to deliver our people and culture strategy. The HR Manager will have responsibility for the HR partnership of our corporate functions at LyondellBasell’s headquarters in downtown Houston. This role will partner with all levels of leadership driving our people and culture strategy and leading annual HR processes with their business clients. This includes but is not limited to talent management, talent acquisition, performance management, engagement, employee relations, reward, and general HR policies and procedures. This role has a global scope and responsibility, and collaborates with HR colleagues globally.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Trusted strategic advisor to business leaders, consulting on workforce planning, organizational design, change management, employee engagement and talent development
- Global lead for respective business clients on annual HR processes (e.g. reward planning, performance management), coordinating with regional or country HR colleagues.
- Lead and coordinate regular talent management discussions with leaders, providing insights and managing process.
- Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and practices.
- Advise people leaders on sound management practices, aligned with HR policy and procedures and with consistent decision-making.
- Works closely with employees and their managers with regards to employee development and career growth, providing guidance and coaching.
- Partner with leaders in the design and implementation of organizational structure changes including identifying impact and assisting in the communication as needed.
- Provide counsel to proactively anticipate and address HR issues, building a business case and proposals where appropriate.
- Partner with the business and Talent Acquisition to obtain skilled talent.
- Participate in project teams in client organization, providing HR guidance.
- Participate in HR teams on HR projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference in Business Administration or Human Resources Management.
- Requires 10+ years of experience in Human Resources with at least 5 years as HR generalist/advisor/coordinator in an independent role with proven increasing responsibilities.
- Must have solid HR fundamentals and broad-based experience in HR, including understanding of EEO laws, conflict resolution, and meeting facilitation.
- Proficiency working independently in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- The ability to work with all levels of employees from front line employees to senior management.
- Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills.
- Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- PHR Certification preferred.
- Masters in Human Resources preferred. Global HR experience.
- HR experience supporting corporate functions a plus. Experience in the chemical and or oil and gas industry Working knowledge of SAP.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential — and responsibility — to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lyondellbasell.com.