Website Schreiber Foods
Days (United States of America)
Distribution Center HR Administrative Assistant
Educational/Experience/Skills Required: (Minimum Level)
High School Diploma/General Education Certificate – General Curriculum required
College – Associates or HR relevant coursework preferred
Prior HR experience (2+ years) preferred
Primary hours will be Monday – Friday, 7am-3pm however will be required to flex work schedule as needed.
In this position you will work alongside the HR and Operations Team to support Human Resources efforts in the Distribution Centers and Plant. We are seeking candidates that have the flexibility and mindset needed to work in a manufacturing and distribution environment. This is a full-time position primarily focused on human resources for the Distribution Centers. This position is expected to have flexible hours as they will be working different shifts to accommodate partner needs.
- Manage assigned plant HR programs, benefits, policies & procedures as assigned.
- Maintain alignment of plant HR activities with HO or company program.
- Organize and post weekly DC schedule
- Check Voicemail / Cover Call-ins /Enter call-ins
- Research missing hours with payroll.
- Research and complete adjustments to payroll
- Enter Corrective action into Workday
- Assist with New Partner On-boarding
- Post and compile Bid Information
- Maintain all Partner Files
- Complete Wage Status changes
- Maintain Attendance records
- Assist in training and or helping new hires in enrolling for benefits
- Complete and submit STD/FMLA paperwork
- Assist partners with Educational Assistance forms
- Maintain requisitions for DC openings
- Schedule interviews for prospective hourly employees.
- Track/reconcile partner anniversary gifts and recognition items
- Assist with Hourly Interviews
- Assist with training and training documentation as required.
- Attend any/all H.R. related conference calls.
- Assist Partners with questions/concerns, providing excellent customer service
- HR Audit Preparation/ Maintenance
- Utilize Workday Learning Management and other training tools.
- Maintain and report KPIs related to plant hiring and retention.
- Audit, update and standardize training processes in accordance with company standard
- Assist in correspondence, research, and other HR matters.
- Participate in SPS and plant improvement projects/initiatives
- Assist with training documentation and processes.
- Entering in details into Kronos and Human Capital Management System – Workday.
- Preparing and help coordinating new hire orientation.
- Working with external staffing vendors.
- Assist with HR needs as assigned by HRTL
What you need to succeed:
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent Organization
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have self-starter attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to work independently and take ownership of processes.
- Ability to learn HR systems software (Kronos and Workday)
- Ability to effectively present to large groups
- Computer/Typing Proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle)
- Flexible schedule.
Physical Demands Analysis: (Describe essential physical abilities that apply to primary functions of this position. See guidelines for examples. Attach additional page if necessary.)
Must be able to work in all department areas of the plant
Must be able to sit and type for extended periods of time
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Allocation – Hours Daily
- Walking – 1 hours daily
- Sitting – 5 hours daily
- Standing – 1 hour daily
- Kneeling – .25 hours daily
- Lifting – .25 hours daily
- Reaching – .25 hours daily
- Bending – .25 hours daily
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit schreiberfoods.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.