Website LAZ Parking
- Sign-On Bonus
- Health Benefits effective the 1st of the month following date of hire
- Growth Opportunities
- Pay Activ – On-demand access to earned wages, get up to 50% of your earned wages immediately
- Paid training
- Salary range is $70,000-$90,000 base plus an incentive bonus program
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Human Resources Business Partner supports the Sr. Human Resources Business Partner for the Northeast Region and the Regional Vice President of New York / New Jersey in establishing and meeting professional and compliant employment practices. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Human Resources Business Partner will act as a liaison between the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of our operational teams throughout the New York / New Jersey market.
Principal Job Duties:
- Manages day-to-day HR transactions for the Human Resources office and assists the field operations as needed.
- Manages the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs.
- Support local HR team by coaching and developing the HR Generalist and HR Administrator.
- Provide support for and oversee weekly payroll processing which is handled by the HR Generalist.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to human resources.
- Responsible for educating managers throughout their assigned region with appropriate guidelines on maintaining a legally compliant workplace.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Facilitate and resolve policy and employee relations issues in assigned region according to company policy.
- Maintaining compliance with all state and federal laws in regions; updating forms, policies, procedures as needed in coordination with the home office.
- Manage leaves of absence including FMLA, disability leaves, others as needed in coordination with the home office HR and payroll.
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition Team to support recruiting and staffing efforts for region; review background checks and motor vehicle checks, coordinate all new hire onboarding, and conduct orientation.
- Responsible for employee maintenance in HRIS system.
- Manage any training, safety, wellness and health, employee communications for their assigned region.
- Assisting managers with performance management; including coaching and counseling.
- Travel within assigned region as needed.
- Responsible for workers compensation for region; reporting claims timely and adhering to company process with claims reporting.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering, and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to executed Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- PHR certification is preferred but not required.
- 5-7 years Human Resources experience with emphasis on employee and labor relations.
- Strong employee relations, workers compensation, and benefits experience and practices.
- Experience with managing collective bargaining agreements.
- Knowledge of union laws and guidelines.
- Knowledge of current Federal, State and Local laws.
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Must be willing to travel within assigned region as necessary.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.